Oh hey friends! Guess what? I started a new job last week as a paralegal at a small worker’s compensation firm in downtown Atlanta. It’s pretty exciting, but I’ll unfortunately have less time to cook time-consuming meals on the weeknights. So, recipes like Dijon Panko Crusted Chicken Breasts are totally a lifesaver. This takes only 5 ingredients, is ready in less than 30 minutes, and is totally homemade and delicious! I love how the crunchy panko breadcrumbs and tangy dijon mustard instantly make simple chicken breasts irresistible.
Also, Drew and I watched Paddington the other day and I thought it was the most charming movie ever. We were drawn in by the 98% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and it did not fail to disappoint, though it had a disproportionately large number of jokes that involved someone getting hit in the head (it’s definitely a kid’s movie). However, we were two adults who enjoyed it a ton and even found some elements of the cinematography similar to The Grand Budapest Hotel. Anyway, next time you’ve had a rough day you should make some simple and tasty Dijon Panko Crusted Chicken Breasts for dinner and then watch Paddington.
- • 1½ cups panko crumbs
- • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- • 4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- • 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- • 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat the oven to 450º. Place a silpat on a baking sheet or coat baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour panko crumbs and Italian seasoning onto a large plate and mix together until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic and mustard together. Rub mustard mixture evenly over each chicken breast. Roll each chicken breast in the panko mixture until coated, then set on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let the chicken rest 3-5 minutes before serving.