Today is a lazy dreary day, so I think you deserve a dessert. This Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is just the trick. It definitely isn’t the healthiest treat you could make, even though it has zucchini in it, but you can live a little, right? And the sugar will only make you feel more energetic if it’s a dull, rainy day. Also, I shredded the zucchini in my food processor instead of with my cheese grater and it made me so happy – I’ve always hated grating zucchini and the food processor make it go so quickly, so you should totally try that out!
Also, I just had to throw this out there for Atlanta friends, but Drew and I had breakfast at Kimi’s Bistro. I would highly recommend it – they have a really interesting mix of Ethiopian and American items on the menu. I had a savory Ethiopian pepper-infused french toast drizzled with honey and besso, a milkshake-esque drink made with barley. Try it out if you have the chance – there’s a Scoutmob coupon for it too
- • 8 tablespoons (one stick) butter
- • 1 cup white sugar
- • 2 large eggs
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- • ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- • ½ teaspoon salt
- • ½ teaspoon baking powder
- • ½ teaspoon baking soda
- • 2 cups shredded zucchini (approximately 1 large or 2 small zucchini)
- • ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ª and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter until just melted. Stir in the sugar until completely smooth. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Slowly add to the butter mixture and stir until well combined. The mixture will be very thick.
- Stir in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes before popping it onto a wire baking rack to cool completely.