This dish is an incredible one-pan meal that requires little prep time. Seriously. The only hard part is wielding a heavy cast iron skillet loaded with food into and out of a blazing hot oven. I used my thickest oven mitts and was able to do it on my own with my not-so-strong arms, so you can too! Also, look at the beautiful potatoes I used – I bought a bag of celebration blend with white, red, and purple potatoes, but you can use whichever color you like. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • ¾ lb new potatoes, cut into wedges (I used a blend of yellow, red, and purple new potatoes)
- • ¼ cup mayonnaise
- • ¼ cup pesto
- • Two 6-oz salmon fillets
- • ½ cup frozen peas
- Pre-heat the oven to 425ºF.
- Put an oven-safe skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oils shimmers, add the potato wedges and a few grinds of salt and pepper.
- Cook the potatoes for 5 minutes, flipping them over occasionally. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and pesto. Add a few grinds of pepper.
- Spread the pesto mayonnaise over the tops of the salmon filets. Remove the potatoes from the oven and mix in the frozen peas. Top the potato-pea mixture with the fish and return to the oven. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Divide the salmon and vegetables between two plates and enjoy!
Adapted from One Pan, Two Plates by Carla Snyder