I am so grateful that it is a little warmer this weekend. A few months back, I had re-planted succulents from my wedding bouquet and they were doing great, but I left them outside when an incredibly cold front came through 2 weeks ago. I realized my mistake while I was at work and came home that evening to find them wilted and turning brown near the roots. Though I tried to keep them warm and in sunny spots, they just keep looking worse and worse. I’m hoping some sunny skies today will help them get back on their feet – especially because I am so sentimental about them, being from my bouquet and all
These burgers are an easy weeknight meal. Ok, the only part that isn’t easy for me is grating the zucchini, but that’s because I sometimes get impatient with it for not grating quite as easily as cheese. But don’t worry – this dish still doesn’t require a lot of hands-on time!
- Thai Chicken Burgers:
- • 1 pound ground chicken
- • 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- • 1 clove garlic, minced
- • 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- • 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- • 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- • ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Mango Sauce:
- • 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- • 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Combine the ground chicken, zucchini, garlic, cilantro, red curry paste, fish sauce, and ground ginger in a large bowl.
- Divide chicken mixture into 4 patties and arrange on a parchment paper or silicone mat-lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and make for 15 minutes.
- Flip burgers and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Stir the mango sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Assemble the burgers. Top with mango sauce and sliced cucumbers.
Adapted from Melanie Makes